20 SUPPLY CHAIN IIOT PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2020s DECADE20 SUPPLY CHAIN IIOT PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2020s DECADE https://www.tagbox.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/feature-iiot-predicton-1024x682.jpeg 1024 682 TagBox Solutions TagBox Solutions https://www.tagbox.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/feature-iiot-predicton-1024x682.jpeg
TagBox is at the forefront of helping organizations solve supply chain quality, traceability and operational efficiency problems using IOT, ML and AI.
These 20 Predictions for Supply Chain Industrial IOT for the coming decade are based on the trends we are seeing in the market and stated/latent needs from our customers across a wide range of supply chain areas.
INDUSTRY ADOPTION OF SUPPLY CHAIN IIOT
- Product information demand from end customers will become the norm for Smart Trust
- IOT will emerge as an operational enablement tool for last-mile heavy businesses
- Real-time temperature and location monitoring for Pharmaceutical distribution will get its (late) adoption
- Healthcare and MedTech companies will measure device availability and readiness using IOT
- Tighter food safety norms in fast expanding online food industry will warrant IOT enablement
- Intra-facility supply chains will adopt IOT for traceability and operational efficiency
- ‘Intrinsically safe’ wireless IOT solutions will be developed for hazardous environments
TECHNOLOGY ENABLERS FOR IIOT ADOPTION
- Low power networks and better batteries will drive Supply Chain IIOT feasibility.
- Miniaturization and Printed Circuits will make Supply Chain IIOT deployment broad based and granular
- Supply Chain IIOT will rise with growth of cloud computing and managed cloud services
- IOT pipes into Enterprise Big Data Lakes will pave the way for broader SC IIOT data utilization in companies
- Machine learning models using multi-dimensional IOT and external data will improve supply chain predictability
- Forward computing and hyper automation closer to the edge will move SC IIOT from information to insight to control
- IIOT security will have to be beefed up to prevent attacks and breaches
SUPPLY CHAIN IIOT PRODUCTS LIKELY TO WIN
- Multi-dimensional IOT solutions will triumph over single applications
- E2EOTB (End to End, Out of the Box) IOT solutions will be preferred
- There will be a shift from retro-fit IOT to Smart Assets as a Service (SAAAS)
- A new IOT data sharing paradigm will emerge
- IoT enabled Blockchain products will form the backbone of sensitive supply chains
- R&D or continuous sampling framework of IOT will be deployed for low value/margin supply chains
To get the complete report on these predictions over email, please click the link below
- Adarsh Kumar: Co-founder and CEO
- Saumitra Singh: Co-founder and CPO
- Somesh Rai: Core team member and AVP, Customer Success
TagBox is helping organizations solve supply chain problems like Product Quality and Compliance, End-to-End Traceability and Operational Efficiency. TagBox’ customers across F&B, Pharma and Hi-tech/industrial see benefits like improvement in temperature compliance, reduction in spoilage of perishables and fragile goods damage, enable food/pharma safety, reduction in delays, improvement in process metrics like loading/unloading time and complete traceability of products, staff and assets like bags, boxes and pallets.